In addition to Balloon Sinuplasty, Dr. Lindstrom ENT also offers endoscopic sinus surgery to combat chronic sinusitis, as well as state-of-the-art stereotactic three-dimensional CT image guided surgery for tumors, polyps, and revision surgery. As a minimally-invasive version of the first and most widely used surgical procedure for clearing blocked sinuses, endoscopic sinus surgery works by removing bone and tissue from the nose to enlarge the sinus opening and improve natural sinus drainage. Compared to traditional sinus surgery, endoscopic sinus surgery provides numerous advantages, including:
- No incisions on face or mouth
- Minimal nasal packing
- Less pain and bleeding
- Shorter recovery times
Although endoscopic sinus surgery is 85-90% effective, and received by hundreds-of-thousands of Americans each year, the PROPEL Sinus Stent is helping ENTs like Dr. Lindstrom ramp up success rates and optimize surgical outcomes even further. Discover how this one-of-a-kind implant is reducing the most common risks, complications, and patient drawbacks related to sinus surgery. Then take the first step toward sinus relief and talk to Dr. Lindstrom ENT about the best treatment for you.
PROPEL Sinus Stent
Sinus surgery could be the solution to your sinus misery. And thanks to the revolutionary PROPEL Sinus Stent, Dr. Lindstrom ENT can take the likelihood of a successful outcome even further. How is PROPEL different from other sinus stents? It’s the first and only device clinically shown to keep the sinuses open after being placed in the surgically cleared passageway. It then releases an anti-inflammatory medication that promotes healing and prevents inflammation. But while the PROPEL implant dissolves in a few weeks, its postoperative benefits are long lasting.
- Clinically proven to improve surgical outcomes for chronic sinusitis sufferers
- Decreased post-operative scarring and inflammation
- Reduced need for additional surgical procedures and oral steroids
- Spring-like, lightweight design for optimal comfort (most patients don’t notice it’s there)
- Dissolves in 4-6 weeks but continues to optimize long-term postoperative effectiveness
- Demonstrated safe in clinical trials
- The only product used in sinus surgery to be supported by level 1-A evidence